ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 189




                                               

Lake Shangrila, Wisconsin

Lake Shangrila was a census-designated place in the town of Salem, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 861 at the 2010 census. The core area of the CDP was annexed into the village of Bristol on March 15, 2011, at the sam ...

                                               

Library Park (Kenosha, Wisconsin)

Library Park, formerly known as The Commons, City Park, and Central Park, is a park in Kenosha, Wisconsin designed by Ossian Cole Simonds. It features a library and war memorial designed by Daniel Burnham and a sculpture by Charles Henry Niehaus.

                                               

Truesdell, Wisconsin

Truesdell is a residential and business neighborhood of the city of Kenosha in east-central Kenosha County, Wisconsin, United States. It lies along Highway 50 on the former Milwaukee Road main railroad line from Chicago, Illinois. The last Milwau ...

                                               

Wilmot Mountain

Wilmot Mountain is a ski area in Kenosha County, Wisconsin. It is located in the Census-designated place of Wilmot and lies in both the Town of Randall and the Town of Salem, just north of the Illinois border. Located in the southern region of Wi ...

                                               

Massart Farmstead

The farmstead originally belonged to John Baptist and Theresa Massart. Over time, it was owned by a number of other families. In 1980, the farmstead was added to the National Register of Historic Places. However, the farmhouse would be moved from ...

                                               

23rd and 24th Streets Historic District

                                               

Edgewood Place Historic District

The Edgewood Place Historic District is a residential historic district located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.

                                               

Mindoro Cut

Mindoro Cut is a cut in the Town of Farmington in La Crosse County, Wisconsin, which carries County Trunk Highway C through Phillips Ridge, linking Mindoro with West Salem. The cut is 74 feet deep, 86 feet long, and 25 feet wide; it is the second ...

                                               

Lake Killian

Lake Killian or Spring Lake is a small kettle lake wholly encompassed by Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Scout Reservation in Pearson, Wisconsin. It is a central geographic feature of the camp, dividing it into East Camp and West Camp on opposing sides of the lake. ...

                                               

East Hill Residential Historic District

The East Hill Residential Historic District is a large old neighborhood on the east side of Wausau, Wisconsin where many prominent citizens lived, with about 165 contributing properties built from 1883 to 1945. It was added to the National Regist ...

                                               

Staadts, Wisconsin

Staadts is a ghost town, in the town of Eau Pleine, Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. Staadts was 2.5 miles southwest of Stratford. The town was marked on USGS maps as late as 1953.

                                               

Stettin (ghost town), Wisconsin

Stettin is a former community in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. Stettin was located in the town of Stettin 3.3 miles north-northwest of Marathon City.

                                               

Ziegler, Wisconsin

                                               

Menekaunee, Wisconsin

Menekaunee, Wisconsin, also spelled Minikani or Menekaune, was a village in Marinette County, Wisconsin, United States; it is now a neighborhood of the City of Marinette. Menekaunee was originally a Menominee Indian village at the mouth of the Me ...

                                               

Montello Commercial Historic District

The land that the district now sits on was once home to the Ho-Chunk and the Menominee. Among the businesses that sprung up in the district was what became the Montello Granite Company. Granite from Montello would be used to construct several mon ...

                                               

Perote, Wisconsin

Perote is a ghost town in Menominee County, Wisconsin, United States. Perote was located in the town of Menominee 5 miles south-southwest of White Lake. The town was marked on USGS maps as late as 1952.

                                               

Church Street Historic District (Wauwatosa, Wisconsin)

The Church Street Historic District is a one-block neighborhood of historic homes built from about 1857 to 1920. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.

                                               

Juneau Highlands Residential Historic District

The Juneau Highlands Residential Historic District is a historic neighborhood in West Allis, Wisconsin, with contributing homes built from 1928 to 1952. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.

                                               

Washington Highlands Historic District

The Washington Highlands Historic District is a historic subdivision in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, planned by Hegemann & Peets starting in 1916. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.

                                               

West Main Street Historic District (Oconto, Wisconsin)

West Main Street Historic District in Oconto, Wisconsin is a historic district. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It includes multiple buildings built during the heyday of the towns lumbering industry. Two include ...

                                               

Manson, Wisconsin

Manson is a ghost town in Oneida County, Wisconsin, United States. Manson was located in the town of Woodboro along what is now County Highway N and the Canadian National Railway, 3 miles northeast of Heafford Junction. The town was marked on USG ...

                                               

College Avenue Historic District (Appleton, Wisconsin)

The College Avenue Historic District in Appleton, Wisconsin is a 7-acre historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. In 1982, it included 27 buildings deemed to contribute to the historic character of the ...

                                               

Lawesburg, Wisconsin

Lawesburg was an unincorporated village in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States. Located in the City of Appleton, the site was incorporated into the Village of Appleton in 1853 and is now part of the city of Appleton. The surviving building ...

                                               

Lime Rock, Wisconsin

Lime Rock is a ghost town in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States. Once located in the town of Seymour and the town of Osborn, the ghost town has no surviving buildings.

                                               

Wakefield, Wisconsin

Wakefield is a former unincorporated community in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States. It is located in the town of Greenville. Wakefield had a post office from 1852 to 1879, on land that is now occupied by Appleton International Airport.

                                               

Green Bay Road Historic District (Thiensville, Wisconsin)

Most of the buildings in the district were constructed between 1850 and 1900. The businesses in the area were largely designed to serve the needs of customers during the horse and buggy era. After the arrival of a railroad, an interurban and auto ...

                                               

Hamilton Historic District (Cedarburg, Wisconsin)

The area was settled by Irish immigrants in the early 1840s and was originally named New Dublin. It was renamed in 1847 after William S. Hamilton, a member of the legislature of the Wisconsin Territory and son of Alexander Hamilton, the first U.S ...

                                               

Main Street Historic District (Thiensville, Wisconsin)

The area that would become Main Street was originally a plank road designed for travelers on horses. With the arrival of the Wisconsin Central Railroad in 1871, a series of new businesses sprung up and the area began transitioning into Thiensvill ...

                                               

Port Washington Downtown Historic District

The Port Washington Downtown Historic District is the largely intact remainder of the old commercial downtown of Port Washington, Wisconsin, United States. It consists of about 40 contributing buildings built from the 1850s to the 1950s in variou ...

                                               

Washington Avenue Historic District (Cedarburg, Wisconsin)

Washington Avenue Historic District is the historic center of Cedarburg, Wisconsin, the location of the early industry and commerce that was key to the communitys development. The historic district was listed on the National Register of Historic ...

                                               

Lake Emily, Wisconsin

                                               

Mathias Mitchell Public Square–Main Street Historic District

The Mathias Mitchell Public Square–Main Street Historic District is located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.

                                               

Tomorrow Valley

The Tomorrow Valley refers to the area along the Tomorrow River in Portage County, Wisconsin. The village of Amherst, Wisconsin is the core of the Tomorrow Valley area, which also includes the villages of Nelsonville and Amherst Junction, and the ...

                                               

Coolidge, Wisconsin

Coolidge is a ghost town in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. Coolidge was located in the town of Fifield near Coolidge Lake, 8 miles north of Phillips. The town was marked on USGS maps as late as 1941 and is still marked on Wisconsin Depar ...

                                               

Kaiser, Wisconsin

Kaiser is a ghost town in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. Kaiser was located in the town of Lake along the current route of the Tuscobia State Trail, 5 miles west-southwest of Park Falls. The town was marked on USGS maps as late as 1941.

                                               

Knox Mills, Wisconsin

Knox Mills is a ghost town in the town of Knox, in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. The community was located on Old Mill Road, near Knox Creek, just off County Highway D, between the unincorporated communities of Brantwood and Spirit.

                                               

Franksville, Wisconsin

Originally occupied by the Potowatomi tribe, the first white settlers in the area then known as Skunk Grove arrived in the 1830s. By the 1850s, plank roads were built through the area, and by the 1870s the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railway ...

                                               

Historic Sixth Street Business District

The Historic Sixth Street Business District is a set of largely intact two and three-story shops along the main road coming into Racine, Wisconsin from the west. Most of the buildings were constructed from the 1850s to the 1950s. The district was ...

                                               

Husher, Wisconsin

Husher is located within the Village of Caledonia in Racine County, Wisconsin, United States. It is generally known as the area extending in all directions between 1/2 mile to 1 mile from the intersection of Wisconsin Highway 38 and Nicholson Roa ...

                                               

Raymond Center, Wisconsin

Raymond Center is a ghost town in the Town of Raymond in Racine County, Wisconsin, United States. During the early years of white settlement of the Town, a hamlet developed nearly in the very center of the town, which became known as" Raymond Cen ...

                                               

Southside Historic District (Racine, Wisconsin)

The Southside Historic District is a large, prestigious historic neighborhood in Racine, Wisconsin, including over 500 contributing structures in various architectural styles. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.

                                               

Corwin, Wisconsin

                                               

Court Street Commercial Historic District

The Court Street Commercial Historic District is a largely intact part of the old downtown of Richland Center, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989 - a 11.2 acres historic district which included 51 contribu ...

                                               

Henrietta (ghost town), Wisconsin

                                               

McGrew, Wisconsin

                                               

Mill Creek, Wisconsin

                                               

Courthouse Hill Historic District

The Courthouse Hill Historic District is located in Janesville, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. The Lovejoy and Merrill-Nowlan Houses are inside the district.

                                               

Fellows, Wisconsin

A post office called Fellows was established in 1887, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902. The community was named for a local land owner.

                                               

Near East Side Historic District

The Near East Side Historic District is located in Beloit, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. Beloit College is located within the district.

                                               

Main Street Commercial Historic District (Reedsburg, Wisconsin)

Main Street Commercial Historic District is a historic district in Reedsburg, Wisconsin that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It consists of 21 commercial buildings. Eighteen of the buildings are brick and three are ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →