ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 214



                                               

Knoxville Veterans Administration Hospital Historic District

Knoxville Veterans Administration Hospital Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Knoxville, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2012. The first part of the property ...

                                               

West Eleventh Street Historic District (Dubuque, Iowa)

West Eleventh Street Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Dubuque, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. At the time of its nomination it consisted of 288 reso ...

                                               

Rock Crest–Rock Glen Historic District

The Rock Crest–Rock Glen Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Mason City, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. At the time of its nomination it contained 10 r ...

                                               

William and Amanda J. Ellis Farmstead Historic District

The William and Amanda J. Ellis Farmstead Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located near Elliott, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015. At the time of its nomination i ...

                                               

Mathias C. and Eva B. Crowell Fuhrman Farm

The Mathias C. and Eva B. Crowell Fuhrman Farm is an agricultural historic district located north of Independence, Iowa, United States. At the time of its nomination it consisted of seven resources, which included three contributing buildings, tw ...

                                               

Woodlawn Historic District (Iowa City, Iowa)

The Woodlawn Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Iowa City, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. At the time of its nomination it consisted of 14 resources, ...

                                               

Farm No. 1, Iowa Mens Reformatory

Farm No. 1, Iowa Mens Reformatory, also known as the West Farm, is located west of Anamosa, Iowa, United States. It was listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. At the time of its nomination the district ...

                                               

State Quarry, Iowa Mens Reformatory

The State Quarry, Iowa Mens Reformatory is a nationally recognized historic district located northwest of Anamosa, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. At the time of its nomination the district ...

                                               

Castle Terrace Historic District

The Castle Terrace Historic District is located in Clinton, Iowa, United States. The area was platted in 1892 and developed about 1926 by the Curtis Service Bureau of the Curtis Company. They were woodwork manufacturers in Clinton and used the de ...

                                               

Chautauqua Park Historic District

The Chautauqua Park Historic District is located on the north side of Des Moines, Iowa, United States. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1990. It is part of the Suburban Development in Des Moines Between the Wor ...

                                               

Porter Hall (Centerville, Iowa)

Porter Hall is a historic residence located in Centerville, Iowa, United States. The 2½-story frame house exhibits aspects of the Picturesque Tudor Revival style, especially in the half-timbering and stucco. The house gained its present appearanc ...

                                               

Hugh and Matilda Boyle House and Cemetery Historic District

The Hugh and Matilda Boyle House and Cemetery Historic District, also known as Boyleston Cemetery, is a nationally recognized historic district located west of Lowell, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places ...

                                               

John S. Dominy House

Built sometime between 1850 and 1860, the 1½-story vernacular stone house features a symmetrical, three-bay-wide, facade on the eave side, and a single-story wing in the back. While one of the very few stone buildings in Sabula, it is an example ...

                                               

John Andrew and Sara Macumber Ice House

The John Andrew and Sara Macumber Ice House is a historic building located on a farmstead southwest of Winterset, Iowa, United States. The Macumbers were natives of Gallia County, Ohio, and settled in Madison County in 1853. This building is a fi ...

                                               

Matt-Bahls House

The Matt-Bahls House is a historic building located in Guttenberg, Iowa, United States. The two-story vernacular stone structure was built sometime before 1858. It features a full-length, two story, frame porch on its south side. The single-story ...

                                               

McClaine House

The McClaine House is a historic building located in Guttenberg, Iowa, United States. This two-story brick structure has historically been a combination residence and commercial building. Sanborn Maps list the commercial space as housing: a barbe ...

                                               

Muscatine Avenue Moffitt Cottage Historic District

The Muscatine Avenue Moffitt Cottage Historic District is a National Register of Historic Places district that includes five stone cottages in Iowa City epitomizing the eccentric vernacular architectural style of Howard Moffitt. Moffitt construct ...

                                               

Moser Stone House

The Moser Stone House is a historic building located in Guttenberg, Iowa, United States. This two-story limestone structure is a side gable house whose construction dates from before 1858. It is located along an alley at the rear of the property, ...

                                               

Henry Paustian House

The Henry Paustian House is a historic building located in the West End of Davenport, Iowa, United States. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983.

                                               

Nicholas Schoenenberger House and Barn

The Nicholas Schoenenberger House and Barn is a historic residence located south of Winterset, Iowa, United States. Nicholas and Louisa Schoenenberger were both natives of what is now Germany and acquired the title to this farm in 1856. He worked ...

                                               

Stone House (Le Claire, Iowa)

The Stone House is an historic building located in Le Claire, Iowa, United States. The house has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983.

                                               

Ruth Suckow House

The Ruth Suckow House was a historic residence located in Earlville, Iowa, United States. It is associated with Iowa-born author Ruth Suckow who lived here in the summers of 1925 and 1926. While in residence she wrote her second novel, The Odysse ...

                                               

Arvine and Elizabeth W. White House

The Arvine and Elizabeth W. White House is a historical residence located in Albia, Iowa, United States. It is the only brick house in town that remains from before the American Civil War. The vernacular-style house has an Adamesque character abo ...

                                               

Wilson District No. 7 School

Wilson District No. 7 School, also known as the OMeara Schoolhouse, is an historic structure located in rural Clinton County, Iowa, United States near the town of Delmar. The one-room school was listed on the National Register of Historic Places ...

                                               

Glasco Downtown Historic District

Glasco Downtown Historic District is an early commercial, Italianate historic shopping area located in Glasco, Kansas that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 3.9-acre historic district runs roughly along Main Street from R ...

                                               

Hanover Heights Neighborhood Historic District

The Hanover Heights Historic District area was developed between 1912 and 1930. It is a 15.5 acres district containing 90 contributing buildings located between State Line Road and Rainbow Boulevard to Olathe Boulevard and West 43rd Avenue in Kan ...

                                               

Edgar Backus Schermerhorn House

The Edgar Backus Schermerhorn House is a historic house located at 803 E. 5th St. in Galena, Kansas. The house was built circa 1895 for Edgar Backus Schermerhorn, a wealthy businessman who owned many of the areas lead and zinc mines. Architects A ...

                                               

Nancy Lincoln Inn

The Nancy Lincoln Inn is a historic building located at the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site in LaRue County, Kentucky, just south of Hodgenville, Kentucky. Despite being on National Park Service property, it is privately owned. ...

                                               

Greenville Commercial Historic District (Greenville, Kentucky)

The Greenville Commercial Historic District is a historic district located on two blocks of N. Main St. and E. Main Cross St. in Greenville, Kentucky. The district consists of thirteen commercial buildings, ten of which are contributing buildings ...

                                               

South Cherry Street Historic District (Greenville, Kentucky)

The South Cherry Street Historic District is a historic district mainly located along the 100 block of South Cherry Street in Greenville, Kentucky. The primarily residential district, which also includes properties on several neighboring streets, ...

                                               

North Main Street Historic District (Greenville, Kentucky)

The North Main Street Historic District is a historic district located along the 100 and 200 blocks of North Main Street in Greenville, Kentucky. The district includes 22 buildings, 20 of which are contributing buildings to the districts historic ...

                                               

Kenyon Building

The Kenyon Building was the first skyscraper in Louisville, Kentucky, at six stories tall. It was located on Fifth Street, between Main and Market Streets. It was razed in 1974 and would eventually become the site of the Humana Building. It was d ...

                                               

Franklin Downtown Commercial District

The Franklin Downtown Commercial District, in Franklin, Kentucky, is a historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The listing was expanded later in the same year. The original listing included 50 contr ...

                                               

Alexander Plantation House

Alexander Plantation House, near Midway in Woodford County, Kentucky, also known as Lanark Farm was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The house is a five-bay two-story central hall plan stone house. The house consists of ...

                                               

John Allen House (Keene, Kentucky)

The John Allen House, off Kentucky Route 169 in Woodford County, Kentucky near Keene, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The listing included two contributing buildings. It is an early dry stone hall-parlor plan house ...

                                               

Bayless Quarters

Bayless Quarters, near North Middletown, Kentucky, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The listing included three contributing buildings. It includes Greek Revival and Federal architecture. The main structure is a one- ...

                                               

Richard Berry Jr. House

The Richard Berry Jr. House is located in Springfield, Kentucky, and has been on the National Register of Historic Places listing in Washington County, Kentucky since 1989.

                                               

Boone Creek Rural Historic District

Boone Creek Rural Historic District, about 11 miles southeast of Lexington, Kentucky, is a 4.060 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It included 88 contributing buildings, 55 contributing ...

                                               

Brick House on Shun Pike

The Brick House on Shun Pike, near Nicholasville, Kentucky, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. The listing included four contributing buildings on 40 acres. The house is a five-bay one-story brick central passage plan ...

                                               

John Burrier House

The John Burrier House, in Fayette County, Kentucky on Kentucky Route 1966 near Lexington, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It is a one-story three-bay dry stone wing of a former two-story house. It is also known as ...

                                               

Coleman House (Bedford, Kentucky)

The Coleman House is an historic house located in Bedford, Kentucky, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It was deemed the "most outstanding example of a Federal style dwelling in Bedford, as well as the county."

                                               

Coopers Run Rural Historic District

Coopers Run Rural Historic District is a 8.935 acres historic district near Paris, Kentucky which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. It includes work by stonemason John Metcalfe and by brick builder John Giltner. It i ...

                                               

Corner in Celebrities Historic District

Corner in Celebrities Historic District is a neighborhood located in the north section of Frankfort, Kentucky that is designated an historic district because of the high concentration of structures that previously belonged to notable residents. T ...

                                               

Haphazard (Owensboro, Kentucky)

Haphazard is a historic house located on Pleasant Valley Road in Owensboro, Kentucky. The house overlooks the Ohio River, and its name is probably derived from the rivers eddies. The property which Haphazard was built on was originally owned by G ...

                                               

Haviland House

The Haviland House, in Harrison County, Kentucky near Cynthiana, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It is a four-bay one-and-a-half-story hall-parlor plan dry stone house, built in the early 1800s. It is said to have ...

                                               

James Allen House (Lexington, Kentucky)

The James Allen House, also known as Scarlet Gate, in Lexington, Kentucky, was the home of writer James Lane Allen. The house, originally a 2-story Federal design, dates from the 1790s, and in the original section numbered rafters are joined with ...

                                               

Jennings-Salter House

The Jennings-Salter House, also known as the Michael Salter House, is a historic house located in Lancaster, Kentucky. The house was placed on the United States National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It was built during 1821 to 1826. It is ...

                                               

John Lair House

The John Lair House near Shawhan, Kentucky was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The listing included three contributing buildings. It is a three-bay two-story hall-parlor plan dry stone house.

                                               

John Mayfield House

The John Mayfield House is a historic house in Glasgow, Kentucky. It was built in the 1830s for John Mayfield and his family. It was later acquired by W. L. Steffey, and his family inherited the property after his death. It was designed in the Fe ...

                                               

Old Statehouse Historic District

The Old Statehouse Historic District is an area in downtown Frankfort, Kentucky near the old State Capitol and the Old Governors Mansion. The area is bounded by Broadway Street, Blanton Street, St. Clair Street, Ann Street and High Street and con ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →