ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 329




                                               

Topsfield Hall

Topsfield Hall was a Georgian house in Crouch End, London. The Hornsey Historical Society believes it to have been built in around 1785 by Samuel Ellis, and by 1894 it had been demolished.

                                               

Tottenham Lane

Tottenham Lane is a street in Crouch End and Hornsey in the London Borough of Haringey. The street runs from the centre of Crouch End at the clock tower, north to the junction of the High Street and Turnpike Lane.

                                               

St Peter and St Paul, Dagenham

St. Peter and St. Paul is a Church of England parish church in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, England, formerly part of Essex. It is of medieval origin, largely rebuilt at the beginning of the nineteenth century.

                                               

Dalston bus garage

A former cavalry barracks, Dalston Garage coded D was opened as a bus garage by the London General Omnibus Company in 1906. It was on Shrubland Road, opposite the junction with Albion Drive. This garage was closed operationally by London Transpor ...

                                               

Dalston railway station (London)

Dalston is a proposed railway station on the Crossrail 2 line in Dalston, Greater London. It would be an underground station providing interchange with the existing Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction stations.

                                               

German Hospital, Dalston

The hospital was established in 1845 to offer free treatment to London’s then large German-speaking community which had a significant presence in the East End. The hospital’s German speaking staff remained on site during the First World War, but ...

                                               

Albany Theatre

The Albany is a multi-purpose arts centre in Deptford, south-east London. Facilities include a flexible performance space holding up to 300 seated or 500 standing and a bar, two studio theatres, a performance cafe and rehearsal / meeting rooms. T ...

                                               

Battle of Deptford Bridge

                                               

Brookmill Park

Brookmill Park, formerly known as Ravensbourne Park, is a small public park and nature reserve in the London Borough of Lewisham. It runs parallel to Brookmill Road, Deptford and the River Ravensbourne. It is located between Deptford Bridge and E ...

                                               

Deptford Creek

                                               

Deptford Fun City Records

                                               

Deptford Green School

Deptford Green School is a coeducational comprehensive secondary school in Deptford, Lewisham, England with approximately 1100 pupils. Deptford Green also has specialisms in Humanities, with English, Citizenship and Drama as flagship subjects. Th ...

                                               

Deptford Park

Deptford Park is a public park in Deptford south-east London. It is owned by London Borough of Lewisham. The closest local stations are Deptford and Surrey Quays.

                                               

Fordham Park

Fordham Park is a public park in New Cross, London, England, that is owned and managed by the London Borough of Lewisham. It lies in between New Cross and New Cross Gate railway stations, and just north of the A2 road between London and Dover. It ...

                                               

East Ham Baptist Church

In 1895 the London Baptist Association LBA promoted services in East Ham, then a fast-growing dormitory suburb. A temporary iron building at the corner of Katherine Road and Victoria Avenue housed the first congregation. R. Sloven became the firs ...

                                               

East Ham Depot

East Ham Depot is a depot on the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway line between East Ham and Barking station with the depot code EM. The depot is approximately 6 1 ⁄ 2 mi from London Fenchurch Street station, and just west of the River Roding.

                                               

Green Street House

Green Street House, usually known as Boleyn Castle, was a stately home in East Ham in the modern London Borough of Newham, East London. The alternative name derives from the local legend linking the house with Anne Boleyn and from its imposing ap ...

                                               

Plashet School

Plashet School is a secondary girls school in East Ham, London with approximately 1.350 students. It was previously a grammar school. In 2009 Ofsted highlighted Plashet as one of 12 outstanding schools serving disadvantaged communities.

                                               

Church of England church buildings in East Ham

                                               

History of Edgware

                                               

Edgware Way Grassland

Edgware Way Grassland or Edgware Way Rough is a 6.7 hectare Site of Metropolitan Importance for Nature Conservation in Edgware in the London Borough of Barnet. It is traversed by Edgwarebury Brook and contains traces of a planned railway viaduct ...

                                               

Edgwarebury Park

Edgwarebury Park is a 22-hectare park in Edgware in the London Borough of Barnet. It was once part of the manor of Earlsbury, which was first mentioned in 1216. In the later Middle Ages it was owned by All Souls College, Oxford, and there is stil ...

                                               

Holland House School

Holland House School, Edgware, London, is an independent non-denominational preparatory school for boys and girls from four to eleven years of age. The current headmistress is Mrs. H Stanton-Tonner.

                                               

St Margaret of Antioch, Edgware

The church was first mentioned in the thirteenth century, where it was stated to be used by the Knights Hospitaller. The tower dates from the fifteenth century. The remainder of the church is of red brick, and was largely rebuilt in 1764 and agai ...

                                               

Stoneyfields Park

Stoneyfields Park is a three hectare public park in Edgware in the London Borough of Barnet. The park is a mainly grassland area with a small wood, hedgerows and two play areas. Deans Brook, which crosses the park, has been dammed to create an or ...

                                               

Eley Industrial Estate

Eley Industrial Estate is in Edmonton, London. Bordered by the Angel Road which is part of the North Circular Road A406 road, the River Lee Navigation, and the Lea Valley Lines railway line. The estate is named after Eley Brothers who manufacture ...

                                               

List of people from Edmonton, London

List of notable people from Edmonton, London The following people were born, educated or lived in Edmonton, London: Mike Thalassitis Footballer and TV personality Cyril Coaffee athlete Jack Burkett footballer Tony Marchi footballer Benjamin Cleme ...

                                               

Pymmes Park

Pymmes Park is located in Edmonton, London and is bordered by the North Circular Road. The park is a Metropolitan Open Space, Local Importance of Nature Conservation, and a site of Archaeological Importance.

                                               

Salisbury House, Edmonton

                                               

St Mary with St John, Upper Edmonton

St. John the Evangelist, Upper Edmonton is a church in Edmonton and is within the Diocese of London and are under the Bishop of Edmonton, the Rt Revd Peter Wheatley. St John is within the Anglo-Catholic tradition of the Church of England and has ...

                                               

Sutcliffe Park

Sutcliffe Park is a 16.7 hectare public park in Eltham in the Royal Borough of Greenwich in London. A large part of the park is a local nature reserve and a Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade II. Fauna include dragonflies, ...

                                               

Trent Park

                                               

Clerkenwell Road

Clerkenwell Road is a street in London. It runs west-east from Grays Inn Road in the west, to Goswell Road in the east. Its continuation at either end is Theobalds Road and Old Street respectively. Clerkenwell Road and Theobalds Road were constru ...

                                               

Cowcross Street

Cowcross Street is a street in London. It runs east-west, from St John Street in the east, to Farringdon Road in the west. Farringdon Station is on the corner of Cowcross Street and Turnmill Street. The Castle is a public house opposite Farringdo ...

                                               

Turnmill Street

Turnmill Street is a street in London. It runs north-south from Clerkenwell Road in the north, to Cowcross Street in the south. One of the oldest streets in London, it has been variously known as Turnmill and Turnbull Street over its history. Dur ...

                                               

All Saints Church, East Finchley

                                               

Avenue House

Avenue House is a large Victorian mansion situated on East End Road in Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet. Built in 1859 on land formerly known as Temple Croft Field, it was acquired in 1874 by ink magnate and philanthropist Henry Charles S ...

                                               

Avenue House Grounds

Avenue House Grounds is a ten-acre Site of Local Importance for Nature Conservation on East End Road in Church End, Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet. The estate is now known as Stephens House and Gardens. Avenue House is a Grade II listed ...

                                               

History of Church End, Barnet

History of Church End describes the development of Church End, the oldest part of the district of Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet in north London, England.

                                               

Convent of the Good Shepherd, Finchley

The Convent of the Good Shepherd was a reformatory for girls in East Finchley, London. The order moved to East End house in 1864, and in 1873 the building became a reformatory for former female prisoners. The convent was largely destroyed in a fi ...

                                               

East Finchley Methodist Church

                                               

History of Finchley

The History of Finchley charts its transformation from the rural parish of Finchley on the edge of the Forest of Middlesex, to its present situation as a mainly residential suburb of Greater London.

                                               

Hawthorne Dene (house)

Hawthorne Dene is a grade II* listed building in Strawberry Vale, East Finchley, in London. It borders the North Circular Road. The house was built by James Frost in 1826 who acquired land in the area in 1818. It is known for its innovative const ...

                                               

Market Place, Finchley

Market Place is a road in Finchley, north London. It was the site of the largest pig market in Middlesex, founded in the late 17th Century. Pigs would be fattened on grain left over from Londons gin distilleries before being sold on to London but ...

                                               

History of North Finchley

North End, the old name for the area of North Finchley and Whetstone, was first recorded in 1462. North Finchley did not develop into an urban area until after the enclosure of Finchley Common after 1816. Prior to that, in 1627, Thomas Rawson was ...

                                               

St Annes House, East Finchley

St Annes House is a grade II listed building in East End Road, East Finchley, London. The house was built in the early nineteenth century with mid century additions.

                                               

St Margarets United Reformed Church, Finchley

                                               

The Tally Ho, Finchley

The pub was built in 1927 on a wedge-shaped plot where Ballards Lane in the west meets the High Road Great North Road in the east. It replaced the Park Road Hotel on the same site and was originally under the management of Charrington Brewery. Th ...

                                               

Victoria Park, Barnet

Victoria Park is in Church End in Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet. It covers seven hectares. It is on the east side of Ballards Lane and fairly close to Finchley Central and West Finchley tube stations.

                                               

Berners Street

Berners Street is a thoroughfare located to the north of Oxford Street in the City of Westminster in the West End of London, originally developed as a residential street in the mid 18th century by property developer William Berners, and later dev ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →