ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 357




                                               

Flint, Ohio

Flint is an unincorporated community in Sharon Township, Franklin County, Ohio, United States, located north of downtown Columbus near the intersection of Flint and Park Roads. It was served by stations on the Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati R ...

                                               

Florence, Madison County, Ohio

Florence is an unincorporated community in Paint Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 39°50′52″N 83°32′50″W, along U.S. Route 42 between London and South Charleston. Florence was never platted; the community simply grew ...

                                               

Fox, Ohio

A post office called Fox was established in 1891, and remained in operation until 1904. Besides the post office, Fox had a blacksmith shop and country store.

                                               

Fruitdale, Ohio

The community was so named on account of fruit orchards near the original site. A post office called Fruitdale was established in 1891, and remained in operation until 1931. Besides the post office, Fruitdale had a train depot on the Ohio Souther ...

                                               

Geneva, Fairfield County, Ohio

The community was named after Geneva, in Switzerland, the ancestral land of a large share of the early settlers. A variant name was Flagdale. A post office called Flagdale was established in 1887, and remained in operation until 1903.

                                               

Ghormley, Ohio

                                               

Gillivan, Ohio

Gillivan is an unincorporated community in Jefferson Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 39°59′19″N 83°20′13″W, along U.S. Route 42, north of its intersection with Ohio State Route 29. The community was never actually ...

                                               

Glendon, Ohio

An early variant name was Rattlesnake. A post office called Rattlesnake was established in 1889, and remained in operation until 1904. Glendon or Glenden had 25 inhabitants in 1910.

                                               

Good Hope, Ohio

Good Hope is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in central Wayne Township, Fayette County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 234.

                                               

Grange Hall, Ohio

                                               

Green Valley, Ohio

                                               

Greencastle, Ohio

                                               

Greenland, Ohio

The name "Greenland" was assigned by the railroad company. A post office called Greenland was established in 1860, and remained in operation until 1902. Besides the post office, Greenland had a Presbyterian church.

                                               

Hagler, Ohio

A post office called Hagler was established in 1886, and remained in operation until 1906. The community has the name of Jesse and William Hagler, original owners of the town site.

                                               

Hallsville, Ohio

Hallsville is an unincorporated community in northeastern Colerain Township, Ross County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45633. It is located along State Route 180.

                                               

Hamburg, Fairfield County, Ohio

Hamburg was laid out around 1812 on the Zanes Trace. The community was named after the German city of Hamburg. A post office called Hamburg was established in 1859, and remained in operation until 1905.

                                               

Harlem, Ohio

Harlem was platted in 1849 and named for its location within Harlem Township. A post office was established at Harlem in 1830, and remained in operation until 1907.

                                               

Harper, Ross County, Ohio

A former variant name was Harpers Station. The namesake Harpers Station depot was located on the Marietta and Cincinnati Railroad. A post office called Harpers Station was established in 1867, and remained in operation until 1927.

                                               

Havensport, Ohio

                                               

Hayesville, Pickaway County, Ohio

                                               

Higby, Ohio

Higby had its start when the railroad was extended to that point. The community has the name of Judiah Ellsworth Higby, a pioneer citizen. A post office called Higby was established in 1878, and remained in operation until 1933.

                                               

Hooker, Ohio

A post office called Hookers Station was established in 1869, the name was changed to Hooker in 1882, and the post office closed in 1932. In 1912, Hooker had 300 inhabitants.

                                               

Hopetown, Ohio

Hopetown was originally called Hope, and under the latter name was laid out in 1819. The community took its name from the Hope Mill, a gristmill near the original town site. A post office called Hopetown was established in 1900 and was discontinu ...

                                               

Humboldt, Ohio

Humboldt had its start in 1878 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called Humboldt was established in 1880, and remained in operation until 1935. Humboldt was a whistle stop on the Ohio Southern Railroad.

                                               

Hyatts, Ohio

The community was platted in 1876 by Henry A. Hyatt, and named for him. Former variant names include Hyatts, Hyatts Station, Hyattsville, Hyattville, Hyatville, and Hytts. A post office called Hyattville was established in 1877, and remained in o ...

                                               

Indian Run (Delaware County, Ohio)

                                               

Irwin, Ohio

Irwin is an unincorporated community in southwestern Union Township, Union County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 40°07′21″N 83°29′22″W, at the intersection of Ohio State Route 4 and 161. Although it is unincorporated, Irwin has a post off ...

                                               

Jerome, Ohio

Jerome is an unincorporated community in Jerome Township, Union County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 40°09′59″N 83°10′33″W, at the intersection of Jerome Road and Scioto Road, about 2 miles east of New California. A former variant name o ...

                                               

Johnson, Ohio

An early variant name was Johnsons Crossing. The community was named for John Johnson, Sr., the original owner of the site. A general store was operated at the crossing.

                                               

Kilbourne, Ohio

Kilbourne is a census-designated place in eastern Brown Township, Delaware County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 139. The community has a post office with the ZIP code of 43032. It lies along State Route 521.

                                               

Kileville, Ohio

Kileville is an unincorporated community in Darby Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 40°6′16″N 83°12′39″W, along Ohio State Route 161, between Plain City and Dublin.

                                               

Kinderhook, Ohio

A post office called Kinderhook was established in 1859, and remained in operation until 1918. Besides the post office, Kinderhook had a railroad station, grain elevator, and two country stores.

                                               

Kingston Center, Ohio

                                               

Kinnikinnick, Ohio

Kinnikinnick is an unincorporated community in Ross County, Ohio, United States. Kinnikinnick is located at the junction of Ohio State Route 159 and Ohio State Route 180, 16.6 miles north-northeast of Chillicothe.

                                               

Kiousville, Ohio

Kiousville is an unincorporated community in southern Fairfield Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 39°47′50″N 83°17′41″W, at the intersection of Kiousville-Georgesville Road and McKendree Road. The community was origi ...

                                               

Lattaville, Ohio

Variant names were "Lattas" and "Lattasville". A post office called Lattas was established in 1833, and remained in operation until 1903. The community has the name of a pioneer citizen.

                                               

Leistville, Ohio

                                               

Leonardsburg, Ohio

Leonardsburg was laid out in 1852, and named for A. Leonard, the towns first storekeeper. A post office called Leonardsburgh was established in 1852, the name was changed to Leonardsburg in 1893, and the post office closed in 1972.

                                               

Lewis Center, Ohio

Lewis Center is an unincorporated community in northwestern Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio, United States, in the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its ZIP code is 43035. Although Lewis Center is a small community, its ZIP code ...

                                               

Little Chicago, Ohio

Little Chicago is an unincorporated community in Pickaway County, in the U.S. state of Ohio. The community has been incorporated into the Village of Ashville, Ohio.

                                               

Lloyd Corners, Ohio

Lloyd Corners is an unincorporated community in Licking County, Ohio, United States. Lloyd Corners is located on Ohio State Route 13, 3 miles south of Newark.

                                               

Lockville, Ohio

                                               

Locust Grove, Licking County, Ohio

                                               

Londonderry, Ross County, Ohio

Londonderry is an unincorporated community in eastern Liberty Township, Ross County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45647. It lies along U.S. Route 50 at its intersection with State ...

                                               

Lunda, Ohio

Lunda is an unincorporated community in Liberty Township, Union County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 40°21′53″N 83°30′42″W, at the intersection of Lunda Road and Perkins Road, about three miles southeast of West Mansfield. The Lunda Post ...

                                               

Luttrell, Ohio

                                               

Madison Lake (Ohio)

Madison Lake is a reservoir in Madison County, Ohio located east of London, at 39°52′25″N 83°22′29″W. The community of Madison Lake sits on the western shore of the lake.

                                               

Madison Lake State Park

Madison Lake State Park is a state park in the Darby Plains region of Madison County, Ohio. The park includes the 98 acres Madison Lake, for which it was named, and an additional 106 acres of land surrounding the lake. The lake was formed in 1947 ...

                                               

Madison Lake, Ohio

Madison Lake is an unincorporated community in Union Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States. It is located east of London on the western coast of Madison Lake, for which it was named, at 39°52′15″N 83°22′47″W.

                                               

Manara, Ohio

Manara is an unincorporated community in Marion Township, Fayette County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 39°36′09″N 83°18′47″W, at the intersection of Washington-Waterloo Road and Bloomingburg-New Holland Road.

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →