ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 397




                                               

Ryan, Washington

Ryan is an extinct town in Stevens County, in the U.S. state of Washington. The GNIS classifies it as a populated place. A post office called Ryan was established in 1897, and remained in operation until 1912. The community was named after Henry ...

                                               

Silcott, Washington

A post office called Silcott was established in 1883, and remained in operation until 1931. The community was named after John Silcott, an early settler.

                                               

Sinking Creek (Washington)

Sinking Creek is a stream in Lincoln County, Washington, in the United States. Sinking Creek was named for the fact it is a losing stream on its downstream portion.

                                               

Sprague Lake (Washington)

Sprague Lake is a lake in Washington, straddling the border of Adams and Lincoln counties. It is two miles west of the town of Sprague. Sprague Lake is drained by Cow Creek, a tributary of the Palouse River. The lake was originally called Lake Co ...

                                               

Steptoe and Kamiak Buttes

Steptoe and Kamiak Buttes is an 1.144-acre National Natural Landmark in Whitman County, Washington, designated in 1965. It includes land in state, county, and private ownership. The landmark recognizes the geology of Steptoe Butte and Kamiak Butt ...

                                               

Steptoe, Washington

Steptoe is a small unincorporated rural town in Whitman County, Washington, United States. Steptoe is 11 miles north of the county seat, Colfax and is 43 miles south of Spokane. A post office called Steptoe was established in 1875. The community ...

                                               

Sunshine, Washington

                                               

Telford, Washington

A post office called Telford was established in 1909, and remained in operation until 1917. The community was named after M. A. Telford, a local cattleman.

                                               

Thornton, Washington

Thornton is an unincorporated community in Whitman County, Washington, United States. Founded in 1889 by P.M. Sheehan, Thornton is located near U.S. Route 195, 7 miles west of Oakesdale. Thornton has a post office with ZIP code 99176.

                                               

Tiger, Washington

Tiger is an unincorporated community in Pend Oreille County, Washington, United States. Named for early settler George Tiger, Tiger is located near Washington State Route 31 3.5 miles south of Ione. Tiger had its start in 1899 when George Tiger e ...

                                               

Torboy, Washington

Torboy is located in northwestern Ferry County at coordinates 48°40′48″N 118°39′47″W, along Washington State Route 21. It is 5 miles 8 km northeast of Republic, the county seat, and 16 miles 26 km south of Curlew. It is bordered to the north by t ...

                                               

Tumtum, Washington

Tumtum is an unincorporated community in Stevens County, Washington, United States. Tumtum is located along the Long Lake and Washington State Route 291 20 miles northwest of Spokane. Tumtum has a post office with the ZIP code 99034. Tumtum is a ...

                                               

Turner, Washington

Turner was platted in 1902 by B. M. Turner, and named for him. A post office called Turner was established in 1904, and remained in operation until 1934.

                                               

Twin Lakes, Washington

Twin Lakes is located in southeastern Ferry County at coordinates 48°15′44″N 118°21′32″W, on the east side of North and South Twin Lakes. The lakes outlet is Cornstalk Creek, which leaves the north end of North Twin Lake and flows east to the Col ...

                                               

Tyler, Washington

Tyler is an unincorporated community in Spokane County, Washington, United States. Tyler is located on Washington State Route 904 near Interstate 90, 10.4 miles west-southwest of Cheney.

                                               

Union Flat Creek

Union Flat Creek is a 72-mile long tributary of the Palouse River. Beginning at an elevation of 2.820 feet near Genesee in northern Nez Perce County, Idaho, it flows west into Whitman County, Washington, passing through the towns of Uniontown and ...

                                               

Valley Grove, Washington

Valley Grove had its start around 1881 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called Valleygrove was established in 1890, and remained in operation until 1900.

                                               

Valleyford, Washington

Valleyford is an unincorporated community in Spokane County, Washington, United States. Valleyford is 12.5 miles southeast of downtown Spokane. Valleyford has a post office with ZIP code 99036.

                                               

Velvet, Washington

A post office called Velvet was established in 1912 and closed in 1920. The community took its name from nearby Velvet Mine. Velvet was located on the Great Northern Railway.

                                               

Ward, Washington

                                               

Waukon, Washington

Waukon had its start when the Spokane, Portland & Seattle Railway was extended to that point. A post office called Waukon was established in 1893, and remained in operation until 1973.

                                               

Wawawai

Wawawai is a former town in the south central part of Whitman County, Washington, United States. It got its name from an Indian word said to mean "council ground."

                                               

Wawawai County Park

                                               

Weber, Washington

A post office called Weber was established in 1902, and remained in operation until 1930. The community was named after Jacob Weber, a pioneer settler.

                                               

Wellpinit, Washington

Wellpinit is an unincorporated community in Stevens County, Washington, United States. Wellpinit has a post office with ZIP code 99040. It is the setting of the young adult novel, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. ...

                                               

Whelan, Washington

                                               

Whitlow, Washington

Whitlow is an unincorporated community in Whitman County, in the U.S. state of Washington. The community has the name of M. W. Whitlow, an early settler.

                                               

Whitman, Washington

A post office called Whitman was established in 1870, and remained in operation until 1875. The community was named after Marcus Whitman, a missionary who was killed by Indians.

                                               

Davison Home

The Davison Home is a Victorian structure built between 1895 and 1897 by Frank B. Davison, a pioneer of Texas City, Texas, and his wife Florence Grace Haven. It is currently operated as a museum by the Texas City Museum with the help of the Texas ...

                                               

Bainbridge, Geauga County, Ohio

Bainbridge is a census-designated place in Bainbridge Township, Geauga County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a population of 3.267.

                                               

Boston Heights, Ohio

Boston Heights is a village in Summit County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1.300 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Akron Metropolitan Statistical Area. Boston Heights is home to the headquarters of Arhaus, a major home furnishings ...

                                               

Bratenahl, Ohio

Bratenahl is a village in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. It is bordered by the city of Cleveland on three sides and by the shoreline of Lake Erie to the north. The population was 1.197 at the 2010 census. Bratenahl is ranked as the 92nd highest-income pl ...

                                               

Grafton, Ohio

Grafton is a village in Lorain County, Ohio, United States, along the East Branch of the Black River. The population was 6.636 at the 2010 census. The Lorain Correctional Institution and several other prisons are located in and near Grafton.

                                               

Highland Hills, Ohio

Highland Hills is a village in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1.130 at the 2010 census. It was formally incorporated in 1990.

                                               

LaGrange, Ohio

LaGrange is a village in Lorain County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2.103 at the 2010 census. The village derives its name from Chateau de la Grange-Bleneau, the French home of Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, an officer in th ...

                                               

Mayfield, Ohio

Mayfield is a village in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. The village is officially named Mayfield, but is commonly referred to as Mayfield Village. Mayfield Village was originally part of Mayfield Township and is now a suburb of Cleveland. ...

                                               

Northfield Center Township, Summit County, Ohio

Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities: Sagamore Hills Township - west Northfield - north Macedonia - northeast Hudson - southeast corner Boston Township - southwest Boston Heights - sout ...

                                               

Oakwood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio

Oakwood is located at 41°22′01″N 81°30′14″W. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.45 square miles 8.94 km 2, of which 3.44 square miles 8.91 km 2 is land and 0.01 square miles 0.03 km 2 is water.

                                               

South Russell, Ohio

South Russell is located at 41°25′56″N 81°20′25″W 41.432175, -81.340201. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.83 square miles 9.92 km 2, of which 3.75 square miles 9.71 km 2 is land and 0.08 square miles ...

                                               

Troy Township, Geauga County, Ohio

Troy Township is one of the sixteen townships of Geauga County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 2.801, up from 2.567 at the 2000 census.

                                               

Youth Advisory Committee of Cuyahoga County

The Youth Advisory Committee of Cuyahoga County, began in 2005, as a joint collaboration between the Cuyahoga County Family and Children First Council and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. The objectives of the Youth Advisory Committee are to ...

                                               

Buildings and structures in Cuyahoga County, Ohio

                                               

National Register of Historic Places in Cuyahoga County, Ohio

                                               

National Register of Historic Places in Geauga County, Ohio

                                               

Buildings and structures in Geauga County, Ohio

                                               

Barney Creek (Lorain County, Ohio)

Barney Creek is a former name for a creek within Amherst Township, Lorain County, Ohio. It is possibly an alternate name for Little Beaver Creek, or perhaps was simply a typographical-error for "Barnes Creek". Modern maps do not have "Little Beav ...

                                               

Beaver Creek settlement (Ohio)

The Beaver Creek settlement, or "Beaver Creek colony", was established in the year 1810, when a group of families from the area of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, relocated to central northern Ohio. These families established a small community in the ...

                                               

National Register of Historic Places in Lorain County, Ohio

                                               

Buildings and structures in Lorain County, Ohio

                                               

Hirts Gardens

Hirts Gardens is a retail greenhouse located in Granger Township, Medina County, Ohio that offers unusual and hard-to-find seeds, seedlings, and mature plants ranging from traditional vegetables to rare perennials to exotic houseplants.

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →