ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 76



                                               

Shelbyville Historic District

The Shelbyville Historic District is a historic district encompassing the core of Shelbyville, Illinois. The district includes 398 buildings, 293 of which are contributing buildings. The section of Shelbyville laid out at the citys founding in 18 ...

                                               

C. S. Soule House

The C. S. Soule House is a historic house at 304 Laurel Avenue in Highland Park, Illinois. The houses builder and construction date are uncertain, but it was most likely built circa 1880. Its first documented resident was C. S. Soule, the pastor ...

                                               

University Hall (Northwestern University)

University Hall is the oldest original building on the Northwestern University campus in Evanston, Illinois, and the second building to have been constructed after Old College, which stood on campus until the 1970s. The building has served a wide ...

                                               

Downtown Momence Historic District

The Downtown Momence Historic District is a national historic district which encompasses the commercial core of downtown Momence, Illinois. The district includes 49 contributing buildings, all but two of which are commercial buildings; the remain ...

                                               

Elsah Historic District

The Elsah Historic District is a 350-acre historic district in Elsah, Illinois. The district includes 48 contributing buildings which reflect the villages period of growth in the 1850s. Elsah was founded in 1853 as a riverfront town on the Missis ...

                                               

Henry W. Miller House

The Henry W. Miller House is a historic house located at 11672 West Norris Lane in Galena, Illinois. Henry W. Miller, a flour wholesaler and dealer who played an important role in Galenas large flour-producing industry, had the house built betwee ...

                                               

Lucinda Hunter House

The Lucinda Hunter House is a historic house located at 101 East 8th Street in Vermont, Illinois, United States. The house was built in the early 1870s for Lucinda Hunter, the mother of village postmaster John Hiram Hunter. The house is an exampl ...

                                               

Jacksonville Historic District (Jacksonville, Illinois)

The Jacksonville Historic District is a historic district encompassing 696 buildings in Jacksonville, Illinois. The buildings in the district were mainly constructed from 1829 to the 1930s and represent nearly every popular architectural style fr ...

                                               

Rockton Historic District

The Rockton Historic District is a national historic district which encompasses much of the village of Rockton, Illinois. The district includes 208 buildings, most of which are residential; the towns commercial district was purposefully excluded ...

                                               

Upper Alton Historic District

The Upper Alton Historic District is a historic district located in northeast Alton, Illinois, in what was once the separate town of Upper Alton. The district includes the campuses of Shurtleff College and the Western Military Academy as well as ...

                                               

Greek Revival houses in Illinois

                                               

Belvidere North State Street Historic District

The Belvidere North State Street Historic District is a historic district on the north side of the Kishwaukee River in Belvidere, Illinois. It is primarily composed of commercial building representative of architectural trends from 1865 to 1962. ...

                                               

Benjamin Henry Grierson House

The Benjamin Henry Grierson House is a historic house located at 852 East State Street in Jacksonville, Illinois. Built circa 1850, the house was the home of U.S. Army general Benjamin Grierson from 1850 until his death. Grierson was a music teac ...

                                               

Blair Historic District

The Blair Historic District is a historic district located in downtown Belleville, Illinois. The district encompasses a mainly commercial area on the west side of the downtown area; it includes 78 buildings, 57 of which are contributing buildings ...

                                               

Building at 201 North Market Street

Built in about 1870, the building has an architecturally significant Italianate commercial design, stylistically matching its neighbor at 203-205 North Market Street. The Italianate style was popular in the United States from the 1850s through th ...

                                               

Building at 203-205 North Market Street

The Building at 203-205 North Market Street is a historic commercial building located at 203-205 North Market Street in Champaign, Illinois. Built circa 1870, the building has an architecturally significant Italianate design, stylistically matchi ...

                                               

Cornelius Flagg Farmstead

The Cornelius Flagg Farmstead is a historic farm located on Tipton School Road in Sherman, Illinois. Cornelius Flagg, a farmer and lumber businessman from Ohio, established the farm in the 1870s. The farmhouse, the farms main building, is a two-s ...

                                               

Decatur Downtown Historic District (Decatur, Illinois)

The Decatur Downtown Historic District is a historic commercial district located in downtown Decatur, Illinois. The district includes 75 buildings, 61 of which are considered significant or contributing to its historic character. While downtown D ...

                                               

Delavan Commercial Historic District

The Delavan Commercial Historic District is a historic district in downtown Delavan, Illinois. The district includes 26 buildings along two blocks of Locust Street, 20 of which are contributing buildings. The oldest buildings in the district, two ...

                                               

Downtown Aledo Historic District

The Downtown Aledo Historic District is a national historic district located in downtown Aledo, Illinois. The district includes 75 contributing buildings and a park. The majority of the buildings are commercial structures, but the district also i ...

                                               

Robert L. Dulaney House

The house was built circa 1864 for Robert L. Dulaney, a local lawyer and banker, and his family. The house has an Italianate design and is one of ten homes in Marshall designed in the style. The walls of the house were built with brick, while its ...

                                               

Fisher–Chapman Farmstead

The Fisher–Chapman Farmstead is a historic farm located at 24818 Homeridge Dr. north of Jerseyville, Illinois. Cornelius B. Fisher, a New Jerseyan who began farming in Jersey County in 1838, established the farm and built its Italianate farmhouse ...

                                               

G.J. George House

The G.J. George House is a historic house located at 205 W. Center St. in Fairfield, Illinois. The house was built in 1877 or 1878 for G.J. George, a Civil War veteran and local lawyer. Local architect George Chittenden designed the two-story bri ...

                                               

Grafton Historic District (Grafton, Illinois)

The Grafton Historic District is a 6-acre historic district in Grafton, Illinois. The district includes two blocks of Main Street and a section of Maple Street connecting to Graftons historic wharf on the Mississippi River. The section of Main St ...

                                               

Cong. James M. Graham House

The Cong. James M. Graham House is a historic house located at 413 South 7th Street in Springfield, Illinois. The two-story Italianate house was the home of U.S. Representative James M. Graham from 1896 until his death in 1945. Graham, who served ...

                                               

Henry N. Frentess Farmstead

The Henry N. Frentress Farmstead is a historic farm located at 19140 U.S. Route 20 West in East Dubuque, Illinois. The farm was established in 1832 by the parents of Henry N. Frentress; Henry, the familys most noteworthy and prosperous farmer, ra ...

                                               

Knuessl Building

The Knuessl Building is a historic mid-19th Century commercial building in downtown Ottawa, Illinois. It was built around 1868 by a local pharmacist. The Knuessl Building was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1992.

                                               

Lincoln Courthouse Square Historic District

The Lincoln Courthouse Square Historic District is located in Lincoln, Illinois in Logan County. The district is roughly bounded by Sangamon, Pekin, Chicago, Delavan, Broadway, and Pulaski Streets. The district includes 112 buildings, 89 of which ...

                                               

Marshall Business Historic District

The Marshall Business Historic District is a historic district located in downtown Marshall, Illinois. The district encompasses the citys historic commercial center and includes 56 buildings and structures, 46 of which are contributing buildings. ...

                                               

Monticello Courthouse Square Historic District

The Monticello Courthouse Square Historic District is a historic district in downtown Monticello, Illinois. The district includes the historic commercial center of the city, the county seat of Piatt County, and is centered on the Piatt County Cou ...

                                               

Mount Sterling Commercial Historic District

The Mount Sterling Commercial Historic District is a historic business district located in downtown Mount Sterling, Illinois. The district, located immediately south of the Brown County Courthouse, includes four entire city blocks and parts of fo ...

                                               

North Geneva Historic District

The North Geneva Historic District is a set of 161 buildings and structures in Geneva, Illinois. Of those, 150 contribute to the districts historical integrity. The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, and was s ...

                                               

North Wells Street Historic District

The North Wells Street Historic District is a commercial historic district located on the west side of the 1200 block of North Wells Street in the Near North Side neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. The district consists of seven buildings: four s ...

                                               

Ropp-Grabill House

The Ropp-Grabill House is a historic house in the Irving Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. While the houses construction date and original owners are unclear, it was built sometime in the early 1870s, making it part of the first wave of dev ...

                                               

Shriver Farmstead

The Shriver Farmstead is a historic farm located on County Line Road northwest of Virden, Illinois. The farm consists of a historic farmhouse, barn, and smokehouse; it also includes several modern outbuildings and 2 acres of land. Owner John Ryan ...

                                               

Francis and Abbie Solon House

The Francis and Abbie Solon House is a historic house located at 503 South State Street in Champaign, Illinois. Developer William Barrett built the house for himself in 1867. Architect Seeley Brown designed the house in the Tuscan Villa subtype o ...

                                               

St. Louis Street Historic District

The St. Louis Street Historic District is a residential historic district located along several blocks of St. Louis Street in Edwardsville, Illinois. The district includes 59 homes, of which 51 are considered contributing to the districts histori ...

                                               

Theodore H. O. Mattfeldt House

The Theodore H. O. Mattfeldt House is a historic house located at 202 S. Marion St. in Mount Pulaski, Illinois. The house was constructed circa 1860 for Theodore H. O. Mattfeldt, a Mount Pulaski politician, businessman, postmaster, and surveyor. ...

                                               

William H. Van Epps House

The William H. Van Epps House is a historic house in Dixon, Illinois. It is an example of Italianate architecture. and was constructed around 1855. The Van Epps House was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

                                               

Waterloo Historic District (Illinois)

The Waterloo Historic District is a historic district composed of the majority of central Waterloo, Illinois. The district includes 271 buildings, of which 182 are contributing buildings to its historic character. The center of the district inclu ...

                                               

Howard K. Weber House

The Howard K. Weber House is a historic house located at 925 South 7th Street in Springfield, Illinois. While the house was built in the 1840s, its current design comes from a series of additions and renovations which began in 1878. However artif ...

                                               

White Hall Historic District

The White Hall Historic District is a 11-acre historic district in White Hall, Illinois. The district, which includes two blocks of Main Street and roughly one block of Jacksonville Avenue, encompasses White Halls historic commercial district. Mo ...

                                               

Wood–Tellkamp House

The Wood–Tellkamp House is a historic house located at 82 Main Street in La Moille, Illinois. Charles C. Wood, a local farmer, built the house circa 1872 upon his retirement. The houses Italianate design was the most elaborate in the village at t ...

                                               

Burgess-Osborne Memorial Auditorium

The Burgess-Osborne Memorial Auditorium is a public auditorium at 1701 Wabash Avenue in Mattoon, Illinois. The building was constructed in 1952-53 using funds from the estate of Mattoon resident Emily Burgess-Osborne. Architect Oliver W. Stiegeme ...

                                               

Ross Beatty House

The Ross Beatty House is a historic house at 1499 Sheridan Road in Highland Park, Illinois. Built in 1893, the house is the first of two homes built for steel magnate Ross J. Beatty in Highland Park. The house was primarily designed in the Queen ...

                                               

Buena Park Historic District

The Buena Park Historic District is a residential historic district in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. First developed in the 1890s, the district was originally planned to be an upper-class suburban neighborhood of Chicago with spac ...

                                               

France Hotel

The France Hotel is a historic hotel located at 118 E. Court St. in Paris, Illinois. The Classical Revival building was constructed in 1924. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

                                               

Galesburg Historic District

The Galesburg Historic District is a 496-acre historic district in Galesburg, Illinois. The district includes 1049 contributing buildings and contains the towns original plat as well as several older neighborhoods. The section of the district sou ...

                                               

John W. Lewis House

The John W. Lewis House is a historic house located at 503 Chestnut St. in Marshall, Illinois. The house was built between 1906 and 1908 for John W. Lewis, a politician and early settler of Clark County. Architects Barber & Kluttz designed the ​ ...

                                               

Moultrie County Courthouse

The Moultrie County Courthouse is the only site in Moultrie County, Illinois that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the county seat of Sullivan, the courthouse has been listed since 1995.

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →