Various states govern or claim to govern in the name of the people. Both the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire used the Latin term Senatus Populusque Romanus, the Senate and People of Rome. This term was fixed abbreviated SPQR to Roman legionary standards, and even after the Roman Emperors achieved a state of total personal autarchy, they continued to wield their power in the name of the Senate and People of Rome. A Peoples Republic is typically a Marxist or socialist one-party state that claims to govern on behalf of the people even if it in practice often turns out to be a dictatorship ...
A person is a being that has certain capacities or attributes such as reason, morality, consciousness or self-consciousness, and being a part of a culturally established form of social relations such as kinship, ownership of property, or legal responsibility. The defining features of personhood and consequently what makes a person count as a person differ widely among cultures and contexts. In addition to the question of personhood, of what makes a being count as a person to begin with, there are further questions about personal identity and self: both about what makes any particular perso ...
- The Teochew people rendered Tiê - Chiu in romanized Teochew and Chaozhou in Mandarin also known as Teo - Swa in mainland China due to a change in place names
- The Sami people also spelled Sami or Saami ˈsɑːmi are an indigenous Finno - Ugric people inhabiting Sapmi, which today encompasses large northern parts
- People Help the People is the second single taken from Cherry Ghost s debut album, Thirst for Romance. It was made available to download on 11 June 2007
- The Zhuang people Chinese: 壮族 pinyin: Zhuàngzu Zhuang: Bouxcuengh are a Kra Dai speaking ethnic group who mostly live in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous
- Chinese people are the various individuals or ethnic groups associated with China, usually through ancestry, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, or other
- A people mover or automated people mover APM is a type of small scale automated guideway transit system. The term is generally used only to describe
- People is the plural of person and may also refer to: A people a coherent social group or ethnic group. People TV series 1955 a Canadian television
- Soviet people Russian: Сове тский наро д, tr. Sovetsky narod or citizens of the USSR Russian: Граждане СССР, tr. Grazhdane SSSR was an umbrella demonym
- The People to People Student Ambassador Program was a travel service based in Spokane, Washington, offering domestic and international travel opportunities
- The Witoto people also Huitoto or Uitota are an indigenous people in southeastern Colombia and northern Peru. The Witoto people were once composed of
- Black people is a skin group - based classification used for specific people with a mid to dark brown complexion. Not all black people have dark skin however
Users also searched: